Sunday, December 4, 2011

And don't call me Shirley

We all had a wonderful time at the General Aviation terminal at RDU yesterday, celebrating neighbor Alex's birthday. There were real planes & helicopters, paper airplanes, and ample space for running round in circles - what else does one need for a birthday party?!

As the usually delightful Louise commented later that day: "I'm always good, most of the time." She does have moments of rage, but she also can show great tenderness. Charlotte was getting a little frustrated at lunch today, so Louise intervened: "I'll get it for you, Charlotte. I don't want you to cry!"

Mommy asked Charlotte if she remembered traveling on a plane to England last Christmas. She didn't, but that didn't stop her from replying "Yes! I hit my head on England! I broke it. But Mr. John (our neighbour, and a child psychiatrist) and mommy fixed it. I got a boo-boo!" So perhaps she has some lingering memory of having the flu whilst on an eight-hour flight and in a two-hour immigration queue. Or, as Louise said, "she's just making up a story."

This morning, a tired (and soggy) Claire woke up with the words, "I bet my wed, Mommy."


No comments: